Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Acoustics Project Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Acoustics Project Engineer will design and develop an acoustic mitigation system to protect payloads from launch vehicle environments. This position will be responsible for leading the design, development, production, assembly, test, and qualification efforts for a payload environmental control system which includes acoustic mitigation and compartment venting systems. This position requires advanced technical planning, requirements development, and verification, estimating, scheduling, leadership of internal resources and suppliers, and mechanical systems design capabilities. This will lead an Integrated Product Team and will manage the effort to Dynetics Earned Value Management (EVM) processes. Daily customer interaction and effective communication skills, written and oral, are required.
- A Bachelor's of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university is required
- A minimum of 7 years of related experience with at least 5 years in the aerospace or spaceflight industry is needed
- Candidate must have prior acoustics experience in modeling, simulation, design solutions, and/or testing
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience in project management
- Candidate must have demonstrated understanding of NASA hardware development and qualification processes
- Position requires candidates to be capable of performing in a collaborative engineering environment working closely with multi-disciplinary teams
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment
Relocation to North Alabama – Huntsville area is desired. However, remote work and telework (full or partial) can be accommodated on a case by case basis, relative to the role and program.
- Preference shown to candidates who possess a Master’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an ABET-accredited university
- Prior experience in venting systems, purge system hardware, and/or acoustic environment design mitigation is preferred
- Preference shown to candidates who have experience and/or working knowledge with:
- Earned Value Management project experience
- Experience with NASA Space Launch System or other NASA program development
- Experience in launch vehicle hardware or system engineering and physical integration
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.