Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Entry-Level Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique modeling, simulation, and analysis solutions for complex weapon and sensor systems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Dynetics' Threat Intelligence and Exploitation Department is seeking an entry-level engineer with requisite skills and interest to support weapon or sensor system modeling, simulation, and analysis for the United States Intelligence Community. The engineer in this role will analyze and transform intelligence data into software models that further our understanding of foreign threat systems. Following development, the models must then be integrated and maintained in multidisciplinary simulations for use in analyzing the capability of these threat systems within complex environments. The candidate must be capable of and comfortable with learning new software languages, technologies, systems, and skillsets as part of a fast-paced and evolving environment.
Project assignments could include the following:
- Development of physics-based software models of sensor and/or weapons systems.
- Integration of models, simulations, and software products into external simulation environments.
- Model documentation to include design documents, user guides, and test validation reports.
- Development of software unit tests and continuous integration infrastructures to automate the testing of candidate releases.
- Creation of deployable software deliveries to include all relevant documentation and change logs.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's (or Master's) Degree from an ABET accredited school in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering with a GPA greater than or equal to a 3.2. (or scheduled to graduate by May 2023)
- Programming skills in C/C++, Java, MATLAB/Simulink, or Python.
- Candidate must demonstrate the ability to communicate professionally and work cohesively in a team environment
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
The preferred candidate will have the following attributes:
- Requisite skills and interests with design, analysis, and/or modeling and simulation of sensor and weapon systems.
- Expressed skills and interests in RF, EO/IR, controls, and/or signal and image processing experience.
- Applicable skills and interests in software development.
- Experience developing software for Windows and Linux environments.
- Relevant undergraduate research projects or internships/coops.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.