Dynetics Technical Solutions (DTS), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dynetics, is seeking a talented CNC Programmer specializing in 5-Axis Machining to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics Technical Solutions provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The 5-Axis CNC Programmer will be responsible for providing technical expertise within a team to develop and implement 5-Axis machining process to meet engineering requirements for complex aerospace hardware, both prototypes and production, in a variety of materials including Inconel, Titanium, Aluminum, and composites. This position will be required to take ownership of the manufacturing processing for programs from conception to completion.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- 3 & 5-Axis NC programming for machining
- Tooling and fixture design
- Create detailed work instructions, mfg. sketches, and other shop floor documentation
- Understanding of model based definition and GD&T as well as customer specifications
- Develop technical solutions to complex problems, using a data driven approach
- Provide shop-floor support as necessary to resolve technical and manufacturing issues.
- Utilize root cause analysis, preventative and corrective action to reduce/eliminate non-conformances
- Maintain positive, team relationships with internal and external customers, as well as co-workers
- Continuously improve production processes by implementing Lean initiatives
- Candidates must possess a High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- Candidates must have at least five (5) years of experience in manufacturing machining, preferably in Aerospace environment.
- Candidate must have experience with Microsoft Office Products, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Candidates must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment.
Candidates must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area
Preference shown to candidates who have experience and/or working knowledge of:
- Surfcam and/or EdgeCam
- Vericut 7 simulation experience
- Flexible and capable of working in a complex environment
- Good reporting and communication skills on project status and progress
- Capable of interfacing professionally with customers and suppliers
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.