Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Software Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Dynetics' National Intelligence Department's goals include understanding, exploiting, and analyzing foreign threats. The work for this position involves a broad range of classical data analysis, artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML), radar signal processing, and scientific coding. The candidate will apply a combination of effective communication and collaboration skills with strong technical interests/capabilities to work with a highly technical and dynamic team of engineers and scientists to solve challenging problems in support of collecting and analyzing RF data.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Math, Physics, Computer Science, Software Engineering with 10+ years of directly applicable experience
- 10+ total years of relevant work experience
- Understanding of object-oriented software principles
- High level of comfort working with Linux
- Understanding of source control and configuration management concepts
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to mentor other programmers and lead small teams
- Basic fluency with Agile concepts and principles
- Experience with Continuous Improvement/Continuous Development (CI/CD) concepts and tools such as Gitlab Runner or Jenkins
Optional but highly positive:
- Basic level of comfort with databases/SQL particularly PostgreSQL
- Web application development with reactive frameworks such as Vue.js
- Interest in GPU development, particularly CUDA
- Familiarity with Digital Signal Processing
- Active Secret clearance or higher
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.