Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Component Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Product Engineering Department is a design-focused group of engineers specializing in advanced hardware-based solutions. The individual selected for this position will be a Component Engineer working within a team to support component issues across a wide range of platforms. The individual must be a self-starter with experience working with inter-disciplinary teams to solve challenging technical problems. The engineer will work closely with electronic assemblies integrated into a diverse range of aerospace and military systems including manned/unmanned ground/air vehicles, missiles, defensive radars, and space systems.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a learning environment that encourages leadership and technical growth.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support electronic component selection for aerospace and defense programs.
- Receive requests from engineers to assign new internal part numbers.
- Verify component manufacturer part numbers and specifications.
- Assign internal part numbers and enter new component specifications into Agile Product Lifecycle Management system.
- Identify alternate components for long lead or obsolete parts.
- Generate obsolescence and lead time reports.
- Create specification documents for altered components.
- Support high reliability space flight programs by managing component requirements.
- Review destructive physical analysis results and interface with component manufacturers to resolve issues.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Candidate must have five or more years of experience working with electronic components.
- Candidate must have extensive knowledge of COTS, military, and aerospace electronic component specifications.
- Candidate must have general knowledge of military performance specifications and/or component level requirements.
- Candidate must have experience with destructive physical analysis requirements and results, performance screening data, and component qualification per EEE Parts Control Plan requirements.
- Candidate must have familiarity with IPC and GEIA standards.
- Candidate must have experience with obsolescence risk management using engineering tools such as Silicon Expert software for obsolescence studies and reports.
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area
Preference shown to candidates who have experience:
- Assisting design engineers in selecting and documenting release of new components and identifying alternate components.
- Using Agile Product Lifecycle Management software to create and maintain new components and bills of material.
- Using Microsoft Office tools including advanced use of Excel.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.