Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Space Hardware Precision Measurement/Assembly Technician to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems, with offices across the U.S. engaging in the intelligence, missiles, aviation, space, and cyber fields. Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering and scientific solutions.
The Technician will be responsible for performing mechanical assembly of components into large rocket structures per NASA standards verified using Laser Tracker precision measurement. Performs fit-up and hand drilling using jigs and templates. Install fasteners including bolts, screws and hi-loks. Applies touch-up paint and stencil paint using hand-held equipment. Measures parts and assemblies using standard and laser measurement equipment including scales, tape measures, calipers, and laser trackers. Reads and interprets drawings, specifications, and work instructions. Works as a team member and independently as required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs precision measurement using Leica Laser Tracker and Spatial Analyzer Software
- Assists in the development and maintenance of internal materials and process specifications through a working knowledge of industry standards and a wide range of composite manufacturing trends
- Assists in the implementation of composite process development and production transition planning that meets quality, production rate, startup time, and margin requirements
- Must apply knowledge of product design, assembly, tooling, process of composite materials while working to develop or improve composite manufacturing processes
- Complete all planning paperwork throughout the production process
- Helps monitor inventories and supplies to ensure correct usage
- Understand process and quality procedures and communicate them to other team members
- Communicate with supervisors, managers and quality about issues effecting quality of productivity
- Complies with all Company policies, procedures, and regulations
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- Candidate MUST have experience with Leica Laser Tracker and Spatial Analyzer Software
- Candidate must possess a High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience
- Candidate must have at least three (3) years of experience
- Experience in an AS9100 Aerospace and Defense manufacturing environment is a plus
- Candidate must be able to read and interpreting drawings, GD&T specifications, and 3-D solid models.
- Candidate must be able to populate inspection reports to AS9102 standards or general inspection reports.
- Candidate must have Computer Skills and have the ability to use computer software such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, etc.
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience with hand tools including drills, saws, grinders, wrenches, and screw drivers
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience reading and interpreting drawings/documents such as operating instructions, work instructions, and blueprint data
- Candidate must be able to regularly climb stairs or ladders and perform work on lifts and platforms at heights of 40 feet
- Candidate must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Candidate must be available to work all shifts
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment
Preference shown to candidates with experience and/or working knowledge of:
- Laser Tracker inspection experience of Large complex aerospace hardware.
- Digital Product Definition.
- Leica Laser Tracker
- Experience in Spatial Analyzer software.
- Experience working with composite materials.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.