Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Machine Learning Engineer to join a diverse, highly skilled team to create unique solutions for complex problems in security engineering and cyber domains. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective intelligence, engineering, scientific and IT solutions. Currently Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos is seeking a talented Machine Learning Engineer in Huntsville, AL to create unique solutions for complex problems in security engineering and space domains.
Candidates are expected to have 2-3+ years of overlapping experience using analytical, statistical, and programming skills to collect, analyze, and interpret large data sets with the purpose of developing advanced artificial intelligence and machine learning solutions and algorithms. The position will require you to develop processes and tools to create, analyze, and monitor model performance in real world and simulated environments. Candidates should have a wide range of technical competencies including statistics, machine learning, coding languages, databases, data reporting and data visualization technologies. This position will work on projects requiring data analysis, interpretation, and communication to support decision-makers and customers in addition to the development and training of AI/ML based solutions. This position will coordinate closely with technical leadership, and cross-functional areas to communicate project status and initiatives as well as support the team’s Agile software development process.
This role will support ongoing and future programs develop and integrate artificial intelligence and machine learning applications in the areas of data classification and real time contextual analysis. Candidates should have the ability to do the following:
- Take open-ended or high-level guidance
- Independently and collaboratively make discoveries
- Develop, propose, and investigate solutions that are mission relevant
- Develop and assess a variety of machine learning algorithms from requirements listings
- Develop data and model visualization strategies and capabilities to support mission and business objectives
- Interact with technical leadership to ensure requirements are met and to advance new features
- Find patterns in unstructured and semi-structured data
- Work closely with software developers and program managers to meet timelines and goals
- Be able to deliver findings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Candidate must possess at minimum a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Data Science, IS or other related discipline
- Minimum 2+ years relevant working experience
- Proficiency writing code in Python
- Direct experience with deep learning python libraries such as TensorFlow or Pytorch
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques including both supervised and unsupervised learning
- Strong understanding of concepts and methodologies of processing structured and unstructured data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Candidate must live in Huntsville or be willing to relocate to Huntsville Alabama area
- Candidate must be willing to travel approximately 10% each year if necessary - moderate travel to testing locations typically CONUS
- Experience with any of the following tools, concepts, or products are a plus
- MA/MS degree is strongly preferred but not required
- Advanced understanding of specific deep learning techniques is a plus
- Experience with real time predictive or contextual analytics
- Applied knowledge in the mathematical sciences such as probability, statistics, and predictive modeling.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests their proper usage, etc.)
- Any additional skills in data analytics, SQL, specific military systems are a plus
- Direct application or experience with applying AI/ML techniques to the cyber domain is a significant plus.
- Experience seeing at least one significant machine learning or AI project in industry to completion is a significant plus.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.