Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Electronics Test Technician to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
- Candidate will be responsible for the testing a variety of electronic hardware including electrical chassis, cables, and electromechanical assemblies.
- Candidate will be required to possess the ability to set up standard or automated test equipment to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production assemblies.
- Candidate will be required to analyze test results and repair or adjust assemblies according to analysis. Recommend corrections and improvements to test procedures to simplify testing and/or assembly processes.
- This position will work on a variety of products to include both military and commercial customers.
- Candidate must have a HS Diploma with a two-year technical degree, work experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Candidate must have 5 years of applicable work experience
- Candidate must have experience with mechanical and electronic assembly, and testing to include ICT, Functional.
- Candidate must have experience assembling electromechanical assemblies, some of which are small.
- Work with design engineers, test engineers and manufacturing engineers to understand assembly and testing requirements.
- Candidate will be required to have the computer skills associated with these assembly tasks, including proficiency in using corporate production control processes, creating documents and spreadsheets for manufacturing information such as work instructions, parts lists, inventory reports, etc.
- Basic experience reading mechanical assembly drawings, electrical schematics, and other manufacturing documentation will be required.
- Technical knowledge and skills in troubleshooting down to the electronic component level for simple to medium complexity electronic and electro-mechanical assemblies, utilizing test equipment such as multimeters, power supplies, signal generators, frequency counters, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of RF test equipment such as Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Data Error Analyzers, RF generators, etc.
- Candidate must be a U.S Citizen.
Experience with the following is a plus:
- Working with chemicals used in product assembly, such as potting compounds, adhesives, etc.
- Ability to solder leaded surface mount components with 0.4 mm pitch spacing
- Ability to solder 0201 discrete packages
- Experience working under a microscope
- Work in a high paced manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with electronic component handling requirements
- Familiarity with ESD procedures
- Current or prior certification to IPC/WHMA-A-620, IPC-A-610, J-STD-001, & IPC 7711/7721
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.