In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics Technical Solutions, Inc. (DTS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Dynetics, Inc., is seeking a qualified Mechanical Engineer for its hypersonics line of business. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics Technical Solutions provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions. The selected candidate will support the Common Hypersonic Glide Body program (C-HGB). The C-HGB is the Army’s #1 priority for strategic weapons capability for long-range precision fires and will counter and gain a lead on our adversaries' technological advances in this field, come join us in this exciting, cutting-edge field.
The successful candidate will serve as a Mechanical Engineer that will handle all aspects of mechanical design for Hypersonic Glide Bodies (HGB). Specific duties may encompass structural design, parts design, materials evaluation, requirements specification and source selection of missile components for HGB. Areas of work will include documenting mechanical designs of the HGB mechanical structure and components as well as assembly, test equipment, and transport fixtures. The candidate will assist in preparation of RFP for component manufacturing, including parts management, quality, test requirements and documentation. The candidate will provide supplier surveillance during installation and inspection as well as review technical drawings and update/correct as needed.
A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent field from an ABET accredited school is required. Candidate should have at least 5+ years of relevant experience.
The following skills/abilities are desired:
· Knowledge and experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
· Experience with design of mechanical aspects of missiles and test equipment
· Knowledge of missile mechanical structural systems including cast, forged and
· Experience with environmental testing of missile components and related test equipment
· Experience with compatible materials, fasteners, coatings, processes and assembly methods
· Knowledge of ASME drawing standards
· Experience with Creo Elements/Pro (formerly Pro/ENGINEER)
· Organizational skills to document designs, assist with Technical Data Packages (TDP) and support production and test of HGB equipment
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
The ideal candidate would have 10 or more years’ experience related to design and or test of missile structural components, be strong on GD&T and have a current DoD Secret clearance
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (as well as maintain) a Final Secret Clearance.