Dynetics, a Leidos company, is seeking a talented Manufacturing Engineering Specialist to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, aerospace, cyber, space and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in developing, documenting, and supporting the launch of data automation tools in a manufacturing environment. This position will work with a multi-disciplinary team to optimize the production of key defense and aerospace projects in the electronics, fabrication, subassembly, and final assembly sectors. Candidate will be required to work closely and collaborate with the factory operations management, manufacturing engineering, quality, fulfillment, business applications, and IT. Applicant should have an understanding of machines and processes, routers, instructions used to build electronic products. Applicant shall have good communication skills and the ability to transfer knowledge, train other people, a get-it-done attitude/approach to problem solving, and work in a team environment.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Support the deployment and execution of Manufacturing Execution System (MES) software through incorporation of data automation tools.
- Collaborate with corporate MES deployment team to implement, sustain, and provide continuous improvement efforts for the system’s daily use at all manufacturing sites.
- Associate degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics from an accredited university, and have at least 2 years of manufacturing engineering experience.
- 5 or more years of applicable manufacturing experience will also satisfy the AS degree requirement.
- Candidate should have knowledge of computers, manufacturing business systems, data management and reporting, and have some knowledge of system-level interaction between MES and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- Candidate should have good communication skills and the ability to transfer knowledge, train other people, a positive attitude to problem solving, and ability to work in a team environment.
- Candidate will have experience with MES and/or software that maintains bills materials, routings, and production data.
- Experience working with standards and implementation of standards across cross-functional teams.
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
Preference shown to candidates who have experience and/or working knowledge of:
- Experience with Solumina MES software or other MES software.
- Experience with Costpoint Material Planning software
- Agile PLM engineering design data management software
- Lean Manufacturing Principles and Application
- Military and Aerospace assembly techniques
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.