Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Space Hardware Assembly Technician to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems, with offices across the U.S. engaging in the intelligence, missiles, aviation, space, and cyber fields. Dynetics provides alert, cost-effective engineering and scientific solutions.
The Technician will be accountable for performing mechanical assembly of components into large rocket structures per NASA standards verified using Laser Tracker precision measurement. Performs fit-up and hand drilling using jigs and templates. Install fasteners including bolts, screws and hi-loks. Applies touch-up paint and stencil paint using hand-held equipment. Measures parts and assemblies using standard and laser measurement equipment including scales, tape measures, calipers, and laser trackers. Reads and interprets drawings, specifications, and work instructions. Works as a team member and objectively as needed.
Assignments include but are not limited to:
- Assists in the development and maintenance of internal materials and process specifications through a working knowledge of industry standards and a wide range of composite manufacturing trends
- Assists in the implementation of composite process development and production transition planning that meets quality, production rate, startup time, and margin mandates.
- Will apply knowledge of product design, assembly, tooling, process of composite materials while working to develop or improve composite manufacturing processes
- Complete all planning paperwork throughout the production process
- Helps monitor inventories and supplies to ensure correct usage
- Comprehend process and quality procedures and convey them to other team members
- Speak with supervisors, managers and quality about issues effecting quality of productivity
- Complies with all Company policies, procedures, and regulations
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- Candidate will possess a High School diploma or GED (or higher education)
- Candidate will have at least three (3) years of relevant work history
- Background in an AS9100 Aerospace and Defense manufacturing environment is a plus
- Candidate will be able to read and interpreting drawings, GD&T specifications, and 3-D solid models.
- Candidate should be able to populate inspection reports to AS9102 standards or general inspection reports.
- Candidate will have Computer Skills such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, etc.
- Candidate work history will have demonstrated history with hand tools including drills, saws, grinders, wrenches, and screw drivers
- Candidate will have demonstrated work reading and interpreting drawings/documents such as operating instructions, work instructions, and blueprint data
- Candidate will be able to regularly climb stairs or ladders and perform work on lifts and platforms at heights of 40 feet
- Candidate will be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Candidate will be available to work all shifts
- Candidate will have demonstrated background effectively conveying within a team environment
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.