Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Weapon System Modeling Functional Lead to join a diverse team to create unique modeling, simulation, and analysis solutions for complex weapon and sensor systems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Dynetics' Threat Intelligence and Exploitation Department is seeking a Weapon System Expert to provide technical leadership for a weapon system functional area for a modeling and simulation program to support the United States Intelligence Community. This position will include advising on weapon system modeling activities to support complex threat system simulation studies and analysis. Responsibilities for this position include:
- Identifying technical quality and risk areas and mitigation methods to reduce risk, maximize benefits, and ensure successful delivery of threat models and associated command and control models to support system and integrated analysis requirements
- Tracking the model integration and test process for all system models to ensure analysis milestones are satisfied
- Engaging with model development teams to provide feedback on model quality and critical upgrades needed to support analysis milestones
- Coordinating with the Missile and Space Intelligence Center, National Air and Space Intelligence Center, National Ground Intelligence Center, and Office of Naval Intelligence via telecommunications and onsite visits to collaborate on modeling and simulation activities.
- Coordinating across all functional areas to ensure consistency, interoperability, completeness, and satisfactory program goals to include conducting and attending meetings, gathering and documenting detailed requirements and supporting ongoing efforts to obtain and maintain software accreditation/certification.
- Making technical design recommendations to the project lead and other stakeholders as well as providing priority and scheduling inputs to the appropriate government leadership.
- Tracking, managing, and reporting budget information
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's (or Master's) Degree from an ABET accredited school in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Math, Physics or an equivalent degree with 5+ years of applicable experience.
- Significant technical experience in weapon systems analysis may be considered in place of a technical degree.
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
The preferred candidate will have the following attributes:
- Already possess an active DoD security clearance, or higher, and will be able to possess a Top Secret clearance.
- Have prior experience (or education) with design, analysis, and/or modeling and simulation of weapon systems.
- Have Radar, Missile, Seeker, Command and Control (C2), RF, and EO/IR experience.
U.S. Citizenship and a current Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance with SCI eligibility is required. Must possess active SCI clearance with current investigation (within last 4.5 years) and be able to maintain a Top Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.