Dynetics Technical Solutions, Inc. (DTS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Dynetics, Inc. DTS, is seeking a talented Manufacturing Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics Technical Solutions provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, manufacturing, scientific and IT solutions.
The Manufacturing Engineer will assist the manufacturing team with the development, justification, and execution of long-range plans to meet corporate objectives. Candidate will research new process/manufacturing technology and coordinate procurement and implementation into manufacturing. Candidate will identify areas of unnecessary cost and research document methods and procedures for cost reductions. Candidate is expected to maintain reliable attendance and punctuality.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Attend project status meetings and design reviews for the respective products focusing on commonality, reduction of parts, and ease of assembly.
- Assist in making recommendations to reduce costs and improve manufacturability and quality on new or existing parts.
- Develops and inputs Bill of Materials (BOM) into the ERP system.
- Develops, inputs and updates process documentation and procedure instructions into the CM and ERP systems.
- Reviews preliminary product designs.
- Read and interpret drawings with GD&T.
- Analyzes and evaluates manufacturing methods and standards problems.
- Provides solutions that adversely affect costs, operator safety, productivity and quality.
- Assists in developing fabrication and assembly fixtures.
- Assists in developing project set-up and changeover procedures.
- Plant Layouts, Product Launch and Engineer Change Control Activities
- Recognize current production problems, issues and address in planning updates.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Candidate must possess minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering with at least seven (7) years of manufacturing engineering experience.
- Candidate must have experience with Microsoft Office Products, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment.
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
Preference shown to candidates who have experience and/or working knowledge of:
- Aerospace painting and plating procedures and specifications
- Lean Manufacturing Principles and Application
- CWI or CSWIP
- Fixture Design
- CostPoint ERP/MRP experience
- Certified GD&T knowledge
- Solumina MES software is a plus.
- Agile PLM engineering design data management software is a plus.
- Military and Aerospace assembly techniques
- Sheet metal fabrication
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.