Dynetics is seeking a talented Industrial Hygienist to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Industrial Hygienist will ensure compliance with employee occupational health and will assist leadership to resolve health issues by identifying risks, and by implementing mitigations, policies, and programs. Candidate will conduct training and presentations to ensure employee awareness of occupational health developments, execute monitoring programs, initiate corrective actions and halt operations where necessary.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Advising and collaborating with management to resolve occupational health issues.
- Executing monitoring and assess employees' exposure to health risks, and measuring effectiveness of occupational health programs, policies, and procedures.
- Assessing and analyzing research data, summarizing statistics and compiling reports.
- Implementing programs to protect employee health, and ergonomics.
- Conducting regular audits of programs.
- Ensuring employee awareness of occupational health and safety concerns, programs and regulations by conducting training and presentations.
- Implementing corrective actions and suspending operations if required.
- Working with Human Resources on workers' compensation claims pertaining to workplace exposures.
- Maintaining current knowledge of occupational health and safety legislation.
- Managing Safety Data Sheets, reviewing SDS’s, managing the SDS database
- Perform industrial/occupational safety duties, ie. Job Safety Analysis reviews, safety audits, facility inspections & mishap investigations.
Position requires a BS degree from an accredited university in chemistry or related field and three (3) or more years work experience in a similar role.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) certification.
- Proficient knowledge of relevant laws, policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks.
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment.
- Candidate must have computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office.
- Candidate must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
Some travel may be required, typically no more than 25%
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.