In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics Technical Solutions, Inc. (DTS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Dynetics, Inc. The Strategic Programs office is seeking a talented Engineering Technician for its hypersonics line of business. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics Technical Solutions provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions. The selected candidate will support the Common Hypersonic Glide Body program (C-HGB). The C-HGB is the Army’s #1 priority for strategic weapons capability for long-range precision fires and will counter and gain a lead on our adversaries' technological advances in this field, come join us in this exciting, cutting-edge field.
The selected candidate will work alongside engineers, assisting with research, evaluation, design, and quality control processes. The selected candidate will support the build and assembly of tactical electronic/electrical assemblies (including cables) and special test equipment and will utilize common support equipment and tools needed for troubleshooting electrical subsystems of complex defense and space systems. The selected candidate will also handle all tasks assigned by the lead engineer and/or engineering technician and may aid in writing reports and updating records. The selected candidate will engage with multiple collaborating groups as necessary for manufacturing activities, other engineering domain design and development efforts, and procurement, logistics, quality, and safety needs.
An associate’s degree in a relevant electrical or mechanical field is required. Candidate should have at least 15+ years of experience in electrical/electronics. In lieu of an associate degree, the candidate should have 20+ years of directly applicable experience with a High School diploma or GED. The ideal candidate will thrive in a learning environment that encourages leadership and technical growth.
· Candidate must possess a High School diploma
· Candidate must be capable of reading engineering drawings and following work instructions to produce complex assemblies and provide valuable feedback to engineering.
· Candidate must have familiarity with working with electrical schematics and cable/wiring diagrams.
· Candidate must be able to work independently, or as part of a team, in a dedicated workforce.
· Candidate must be able to assume responsibility for testing a variety of electronic/electrical hardware, including electromechanical assemblies.
· Candidate must be capable of providing coverage for labs (i.e., lab management, inventory control, company policy/procedure adherence, etc.).
· Candidate must be able to provide rapid integration and troubleshooting support to testers.
· Candidate must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment, which will include design, test, and manufacturing engineers.
· Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
Preference shown to candidates who:
· Possess an associate degree in a technical field.
· Have experience in the manufacturing and testing of large electronic/electrical components
· Have 7+ years’ experience as an electronics/electrical engineering technician.
· Possess current J-STD and IPC/WHMA-A-620 certifications.
· Have advanced experience reading mechanical assembly drawings, electrical schematics, and other manufacturing documentation.
· Possess computer skills associated with electromechanical assembly tasks, including proficiency in using corporate production control processes, and in creating documents and spreadsheets for manufacturing information, such as work instructions, parts lists, inventory reports, etc.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.