Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a high level Threat Radar Engineer to join a diverse, highly-skilled team to create unique solutions for complex problems involving foreign weapons systems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides alert, cost-effective intelligence, engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Job assignments/focus areas include:
- All-source intelligence study of foreign threat systems with a focus on multi-function phased-array radars and surface-to-air missile (SAM) systems. Enquiry efforts involve system performance assessments and design postulation of major subsystems including but not limited to phased array antennas, transmitters and receivers, radar signal processors and computer algorithms.
- Threat system model development to match intelligence assessments, including waveform scheduling, correlation/tracking and signal processing.
- Write technical briefings, papers and reports to reflect intelligence reports and assessments of foreign threat systems.
- Ensure foreign threat systems are accurately characterized and modeled in technical databases such as the Electronic Warfare Integrated Reprogramming Database (EWIRDB).
- Candidate will possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics or related technical degree from an ABET accredited institution with a minimum of 2 years work history in the radar field.
- Proficient technical skills in the field of radar, possess social skills, demonstrate strong attention to detail and have the desire to work on a highly focused technical team.
- Threat systems scrutiny and/or modeling work history is preferred but not required. Additional consideration will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of radar signal processing, radar algorithms, antenna design/ analysis
- and target tracking.
- Proficiency in any of the following tools is preferred but not required:
- Microsoft Visual Studio (C++ preferred)
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (as well as maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance.