In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Program Scheduler to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
This is an exciting role in the Leidos Dynetics Group to provide direct scheduling leadership and hands-on support to the CHGB program. This role is in the unique position of being a member of a critical program and related portfolio of work and part of the larger enterprise wide Leidos Corporate Earned Value Management (EVM) Center of Excellence (COE). The Leidos Corporate EVM COE is a team leading and executing the core responsibilities of scheduling, planning, EVMS, the associated infrastructure and tools, implementations, training, and surveillance for Leidos.
The ideal candidate is recognized as an experienced scheduling leader and practitioner with EVMS expertise in a broad range of functional areas and disciplines, including program management, scheduling, and planning, EVMS implementations and compliance, scheduling, financial disciplines (pricing, program finance, FP&A, etc.), contract management, and strong understanding of inter-company functional relationships. The ideal candidate is able to lead a team of schedulers and provide EVM standard EIA-748 and best practices (e.g., PASEG) in alignment with the mission of the EVM COE to all individual contributors, program finance analysts (PFAs), Control Account Managers (CAMs), Program Managers, and line executives. The position provides leadership and hands on scheduling support to the program EVMS support teams, CAMs, and Program Managers to improve program planning and execution while ensuring compliance with contractual requirements and company policy and procedures. As the principal EVMS implementation SME, the position works closely with program teams, other functions, and line managers to establish, maintain, and grow key government customer relationships and to help drive program growth and execution of the Business Plan. It is important to note that the Leidos EVMS portfolio has programs across many diverse customer environments (e.g., DoD, FAA, Intel, DHS, Healthcare), contracting scenarios (e.g., integrated subks, formal flowdown, reporting only, EVMS on FFP), and across a range of dollar values with different levels of external and internal understanding and buy-in. The ideal candidate will have various experiences across these diverse challenges.
· Responsible for applying scheduling theory to develop the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and related artifacts in compliance with applicable standards and policies such as EVM standard EIA-748 and best practices (e.g., PASEG) in alignment with the mission of the EVM COE and in support of programs.
· Responsible for supporting the CAMs in devising solutions and implementing practices to align the time-phasing and plans for resources with the IMS to provide an integrated technical, schedule, and resource / cost baseline and forecast/ ETC for programs
· Requires deep scheduling, program management, and EVMS knowledge and ability to engage program team members across multiple disciplines.
· Participate in new business proposals through scheduling support and reviews, input with regards to EVMS requirements and input for cost volumes.
· Serves as a scheduling subject matter expert in assisting programs with issue identification/resolution, etc.
· Provides scheduling support to EVM COE and programs for internal and external audits and reviews and application of resulting corrective actions.
· Responsible for supporting the organization in development, implementation, training, and maintenance of EVMS scheduling processes and tools.
· Utilizes expert domain knowledge, professional principles, and theories to develop advanced concepts, techniques, solutions, and standards.
* Typically negotiates and develop shared solutions to convince internal and external parties to accept concepts, practices, and approaches of the area.
· Significant interface with Program Managers, Contracts and Senior Technical Personnel, as well as other organizations.
· Responsible for supporting the organization's scheduling and EVMS talent development, performance management, and business strategy.
· Interacts with senior executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of strategic importance to the organization/project.
Program Specific Information
· The program includes significant emphasis on production line-based scheduling while incorporating engineering changes.
Program Specific Responsibilities
· Development and maintenance of an EV Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), to include EV coordination with Program Management and Program Finance Analysts (PFAs) to set baselines in support of contractual/project requirements.
· Work with project team to identify project reporting requirements and facilitate proper analysis including critical path and schedule variance analysis.
· Ensure accuracy of data identifying errors, corrections, reporting significant impacts to CAMs and Program Management.
· Implement and manage the Program’s Risk and Schedule Margin between Engineering development effort and the production of systems.
· Lead the Program scheduling team to determine quantifiable data points utilizing a Production Floor Line of Balance Matrix Tracker
· Lead the Program scheduling team to provide Assembly Build Time Historical Data Analysis
· Utilize Program data to develop Quantifiable Backup Data (QBD) metrics for EV.
· Typically, requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 10+ years prior relevant experience or Masters with 7+ years prior relevant experience.
· Generally, has 5+ years’ experience leading scheduling with EVMS implementations.
· Program Management Professional (PMP) certification
· Scheduling Professional (SP) certification
· Earned Value Professional (EVP) certification.
· Advanced knowledge of using tools like Microsoft Project, Structured Solutions Inc. Tools for Microsoft Project, Deltek Cobra, Deltek CostPoint, OPDEC Integrated Program Manager, and other Scheduling and EVMS tools.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.