Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Component Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Product Engineering Department is a design-focused group of engineers specializing in advanced hardware-based solutions. The individual selected for this position will be a Component Engineer working within a team to support component issues across a wide range of platforms. The individual must be a self-starter with experience working with inter-disciplinary teams to solve challenging technical problems. The engineer will work closely with electronic assemblies integrated into a diverse range of aerospace and military systems including manned/unmanned ground/air vehicles, missiles, defensive radars, and space systems.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a learning environment that encourages leadership and technical growth.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support electronic component selection for aerospace and defense programs.
- Receive requests from engineers to assign new internal part numbers.
- Verify component manufacturer part numbers and specifications.
- Assign internal part numbers and enter new component specifications into Agile Product Lifecycle Management system.
- Identify alternate components for long lead or obsolete parts.
- Generate obsolescence and lead time reports.
- Create specification documents for altered components.
- Support high reliability space flight programs by managing component requirements.
- Review destructive physical analysis results and interface with component manufacturers to resolve issues.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Five or more years of experience working with electronic components.
- Knowledge of COTS, military, and aerospace electronic component specifications.
- General knowledge of military performance specifications and/or component level requirements.
- Experience with destructive physical analysis requirements and results, performance screening data, and component qualification per EEE Parts Control Plan requirements.
- Familiar with IPC and GEIA standards.
- Experience with obsolescence risk management using engineering tools such as Silicon Expert software for obsolescence studies and reports.
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area
Preference shown to candidates who have experience:
- Assisting design engineers in selecting and documenting release of new components and identifying alternate components.
- Using Agile Product Lifecycle Management software to create and maintain new components and bills of material.
- Using Microsoft Office tools including advanced use of Excel.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.