Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a motivated and ambitious Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Cybersecurity Engineer to join the Software, Simulation, Systems Engineering and Integration Directorate (S3I) Joint Technology Center – Systems Integration Lab (JSIL) Tech Center. We have offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The UAS Cybersecurity Engineer will perform hardware, software, and operating system hardening and documentation for UAS systems and associated subsystems highly skilled and experienced Program Manager to lead programs in our Rapid Integration and Prototyping Department.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and coordinating our rapid prototyping and integration programs.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform software and system installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of commercial and government software for system development, scanning, and hardening.
- Conduct software application source, hardware component, and operating system scans to identify system vulnerabilities.
- Conduct system configuration changes to resolve system vulnerabilities including changes to Microsoft Windows and UNIX-based operating system configuration files.
- Conduct Cybersecurity vulnerability testing, full system evaluation, and documentation.
- Use STIGs, ACAS, NESSUS, and the NIST Risk Management Framework to prepare for and complete Security Control Assessment (SCA) events.
- Collaborate with system integrators, network engineers, software developers, and project managers to automate and harden information systems.
- Work within an agile scrum development model producing cyber reports and hardened systems on a biweekly basis.
- Participate in peer reviews of system capability requirements, cybersecurity status, system design, test strategies and implementation.
- Develop Cybersecurity engineering technical material including vulnerability assessment reports and cyber-SOPs using the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree in Cybersecurity Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent degree from an accredited university.
- 2-4 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be willing to travel occasionally to support cyber assessments.
- Strong experience with Linux operating systems.
- Experience with system scanning, identification, and resolution of vulnerabilities.
- Actively hold or can obtain a CompTIA Security+ Certification.
- Experience with industry Cyber tools including ACAS, Nessus, SCAP, and STIG Viewer.
Experience with the following is a plus:
- Agile development workflow (e.g. Atlassian software suite).
- RMF controls and the Authority To Operate (ATO) process.
- System architectures, Cisco switches, and virtual machines.
- Basic scripting in Bash and PowerShell.
- Technical documentation writing.
- Virtualization software such as VMware or VirtualBox.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.