Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Principal Full Stack Software Engineer to join our Dayton, Ohio office. The candidate will join a diverse team primarily focused on application development in support of the modeling, simulation, and analysis (MS&A) of aerospace weapons, sensors, and related command-and-control entities.
The candidate will utilize modern software development practices to develop and maintain highly technical tools for the user community. The work for this position will involve employing a broad range of modern web development techniques and tools in the design and development of both front-end and back-end projects. This challenging position requires a diverse set of technical and task management skills and allows for the opportunity to contribute immediately to important, meaningful work.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering (or other closely related field) from an accredited university with a minimum of 12 years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
- Understanding of object-oriented software principles
- Source control and configuration management concepts
- Prior experience with modern web development (front-end or back-end)
- Technical leadership experience
- Candidate must have strong written communication skills, possess good people skills, demonstrate strong attention to detail and have the desire to work on a highly focused technical team of engineers, analysts, and scientists.
Candidate must be a resident of the Dayton, OH area or be willing to relocate to the Dayton, OH area.
- Basic fluency with Agile concepts and principles
- Experience with git
- Experience with modern web development tools, languages, and frameworks such as:
- Experience creating or using REST API services
- Experience with unit and end-to-end testing
- Experience with test-driven development
- Experience with multiple architectural design patterns
- Experience with asynchronous programming techniques
- Experience with modern web authentication and authorization concepts/implementations
- Experience with document and/or relational databases
- Experience with Linux
- Optional but highly positive. Experience with:
- DevSecOps & deployment tools and concepts (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Service containerization
- User friendly UI/UX design
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance.