Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer to provide complex software solutions to advanced Weapon and Sensor modeling, simulation, and analysis challenges facing the Threat Intelligence Community. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Dynetics' Threat Intelligence and Exploitation Department is seeking a Software Engineer with 2 to 5 years of relevant experience to support the United States Intelligence Community. This role will perform software development activities for a variety of projects including Signals Intelligence, Threat Systems, Systems Engineering, and Modeling & Simulations. The candidate must be capable of and comfortable with learning new software languages, technologies, systems, and skillsets as part of a fast-paced and evolving environment.
Primary role will include:
- Designing the architecture of software programs.
- Implementing full software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Creating flowcharts, UML, documentation, and layouts for potential software designs to determine the requirements for the software program.
- Standardizing and automating processes using scripting technology.
- Experience using Git or other source control management.
- Development of software products using object-oriented principles in a variety of languages and operating environments
Project assignments could include the following:
- Development of software products using object-oriented principles in a variety of languages and operating environments. Example software products could include radar and missile simulations, network protocol simulations, hardware virtualization and emulation, distributed simulation architectures, and data analysis solutions.
- Integration of models, simulations, and software products into existing operating environments through software interface development.
- Software documentation to include design documents, administration guides, user guides, and test validation reports.
- Development of software unit tests and continuous integration infrastructures to automate the testing of candidate releases.
- Creation of deployable software deliveries to include all relevant documentation and change logs.
- Analyzing the needs and requirements of end-users.
- Assessing the operation feasibility of a software solution by evaluating various factors including requirements and proposed solutions.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Basic qualifications include:
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's degree from an ABET accredited school in Computer Engineering/Science, Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience or an MS in a related field and 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Object-oriented software development experience.
- Candidate must demonstrate the ability to communicate professionally and work cohesively in a team environment.
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
The preferred candidate will have the following attributes:
- Interest or experience in the software design process, software architecture design, and software design patterns.
- Experience working in Agile Framework.
- Experience using Unit testing frameworks such as GoogleTest or Boost.Test.
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux Operating Systems.
Master’s or interest in pursuing a Master’s in Software Engineering is a plus.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance.