Dynetics, a Leidos Company, is seeking a Site Technical Lead to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides alert, cost-effective engineering, scientific, manufacturing, and IT solutions.
The position will be accountable for establishing and directing a new Leidos site focused on serving customers located at NSWC Crane. Work content at this site will grow to consist of various engineering disciplines as well as high-tech prototyping and weapon systems test integration. The assignments will encompass management of government customer relationships and guiding an organization in a dynamic and high growth area that will execute multiple simultaneous and diverse activities including: prototype manufacturing and assembly, machining and integration, additive manufacturing, design for manufacturing, systems engineering, and modeling and analysis.
The primary tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the site’s key technical contact
- Build and maintain relationships with the local government customer
- Promote a safe work environment
- Ensure quality and compliance needs are consistently satisfied
- Ensure coordination with Huntsville management and design team
- Direct and coordinate daily operations of the prototyping and integration bays
- Provide direction of all staff on site
- Mentor junior staff to equip them for success
- Manage site budget and schedule
- Promote a teamwork environment that fosters employee development
- Steer a cross-functional manufacturing team and engineering team to consistently meet customer goals
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement and problem solving
- Establish and/or track KPI’s and Metrics to achieve program and company objectives
- Conduct operation performance reviews/meetings
- Participate and contribute to Programmatic meetings
- Monitor equipment and ensure that they are in good working order
- Identify, assess, and convey staffing needs
- BS in an engineering discipline from an ABET-accredited institute with twelve (12)+ years of relevant work history. Candidates with a relevant MS need at least ten (10) years of relevant work history.
- Candidate will be capable of performing in a combined engineering environment working closely with multi-functional teams.
- Candidate will have demonstrated work history effectively conveying within a team environment.
- Candidate will be self-directed and able to work in a fast-paced environment to meet customer and management deadlines as well as meet financial goals.
- Defense program history is a need
- Prior work directing a cross-functional team is needed
- Candidate will have history with interviewing, assessing, and hiring new personnel.
Candidate will be a resident of the Crane, Indiana area or willing to relocate to the Crane, Indiana area.
- Direct experience in a prototype manufacturing environment desired, but not required
- Previous participation in start-up of manufacturing facilities desired, but not required
- Expertise in Lean principles, Visual Management and 5S tools desired, but not required
- Must be willing to travel up to 25%
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance.