Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented HWIL Test Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems in the defense, missiles, aviation, and space fields.
The selected individual will serve as test planner and engineer for fast-paced projects focused on design and test of a new systems. Primary responsibilities for the individual will be:
- Using system requirements to generate test plans for development, qualification, and acceptance phases of hardware projects;
- Creating, modifying, and using Hardware In the Loop (HWIL) test platforms to satisfy testing requirements;
- Conducting tests according to approved procedures;
- Performing test data analysis; and
- Completing requirements verification and validation documentation and reports.
- The position may require working outside in all weather conditions and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- The position may require minimal travel for test events (approximately 2 to 4 weeks a year).
The individual will interface with customers; department leadership; project managers; designers; analysts; quality, safety, and security personnel; and other test engineers within Dynetics.
The selected individual shall have meet the following qualification requirements:
- The position requires an ABET accredited B.S. or equivalent degree in computer engineering, computer science, or electrical engineering with at least seven (7) years of test planning and execution experience.
- Candidates must have knowledge of and experience with defense or commercial test engineering practices and processes.
- Candidates must have experience developing and executing hardware or software test plans and procedures.
- Candidates must have direct, hands-on experience with hardware, software, or system integration, troubleshooting and testing.
The ideal candidate should have demonstrated:
- Working knowledge and operation of electronic test equipment (e.g. oscilloscope, voltmeter, signal analyzer/generator)
- Working knowledge of software languages Python, C, C++, C# and or firmware languages for Xilinx or Altera devices
- Experience with Linux, Matlab, Labview, and WireShark
- Experience preparing and presenting briefings and/or demonstrations to customers and management
- Planning and executing demonstration tests and US Gov't test ranges/facilities
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (as well as maintain) a Final Secret Clearance.