Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Program Master Scheduler to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
This exciting role in the Leidos Dynetics Group provides direct scheduling leadership and contribution to critical programs and related portfolios of work.
This role will be an intricate part of the larger enterprise-wide Leidos Corporate Earned Value Management (EVM) Center of Excellence (COE). The Leidos Corporate EVM COE is a team-leading and executing the core responsibilities of scheduling, planning, EVMS, the associated infrastructure and tools, implementations, training, and surveillance for Leidos.
The position provides leadership and hands-on support to the Program Managers, CAMs, Customer Stakeholders, and EVMS support teams; to improve program planning and execution while ensuring compliance with contractual requirements and company policy and procedures.
- Responsible for applying scheduling theory to develop the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and related artifacts in compliance with applicable standards and policies such as EVM standard EIA-748 and industry best practices (e.g., PASEG, NDIA) in alignment with the mission of the EVM COE and in support of programs.
- Requires deep scheduling, program management, and EVMS knowledge.
- Responsible for implementing practices to align the time phasing and plans for resources with the IMS to provide an integrated technical, schedule, and resource / cost baseline and forecast/ ETC for programs.
- Ability to engage program team members across multiple disciplines.
- Participate in new business proposals through scheduling functional support.
- Serves as a scheduling subject matter expert in assisting programs with issue identification/resolution, etc.
- Implement program scheduling business rhythms,
- Develop baseline schedules and associated artifacts to meet contractual/project requirements,
- Monitor, analyze, and report performance against baseline schedules to ensure that contractual, cost, and schedule objectives are met.
- Provides scheduling support to EVM COE and programs for internal and external audits and reviews and application of resulting corrective actions.
- Typically negotiates and develops shared solutions to convince internal and external parties to accept concepts, practices, and approaches of the area.
- Significant interface with Program Managers, Contracts, and Senior Technical Personnel, as well as other organizations.
Program Specific Information
- The program includes a significant emphasis on schedule development from the Initial proposal phase through program execution.
- Candidate will need to systemically gather programmatic information and coordinate integrated working sessions with technical resources for the planning and scheduling of high visibility programs.
Program Specific Responsibilities
- Coordinate with key program stakeholders to develop and maintain a detailed Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) using Microsoft Project.
- Coordination with CAMs and program finance analysts (PFAs) to set baselines in support of contractual/project requirements.
- Utilize Various Scheduling Tools to Create Progress and Analysis Reports/ Customer Focused Presentations.
- Coordinate with the Program Management team to develop Critical and Driving Paths for the Program’s key deliverables and/or events.
- Develop, Analyze, and Brief scheduling health and execution metrics.
- Typically, requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 4+ years prior relevant DOD or NASA experience or a MA/MS with 3+ years prior relevant experience.
- Generally, has 3+ years’ experience supporting or leading scheduling with EVMS implementations using Microsoft Project scheduling software.
- Must be a US citizen and able to obtain a Final Secret clearance.
· Experience in a Manufacturing & Production environment
· Scheduling Professional (SP) certification
· Program Management Professional (PMP) certification
· Earned Value Profession (EVP) certification
· Experience with Milestones Professional
· Familiarization with Schedule Risk Assessments Development & Analysis
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of tools like Microsoft Project, Structured Solutions Inc. Tools for Microsoft Project, Deltek Cobra, Deltek CostPoint, OPDEC Integrated Program Manager, and other Scheduling and EVMS tools/macros.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.