Dynetics, a Leidos company, is seeking a talented Manufacturing Process Writer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, aerospace, cyber, space and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in developing, documenting, and supporting the assembly process within an electronic and top-level manufacturing environment. This role will work with a multi-disciplinary team to interpret assembly drawings and requirements, break down the electronic assembly processes to create procedures and work instructions within a manufacturing execution system (MES), and ensure manufacturing processes are clear, robust, error proofed, and repeatable. Candidate will support the production of key defense and aerospace projects in the electronics, fabrication, subassembly, and final assembly sectors. Candidate will be required to work closely and collaborate with the factory management, manufacturing engineering, quality, and operations team. Applicant should have an understanding of machines and processes, routers, instructions used to build electronic products. Applicant shall have good communication skills and the ability to transfer knowledge, train other people, a get-it-done attitude/approach, and work in a team environment.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Develop and ensure manufacturing processes/work instructions are simple, clear, error proofed, and repeatable
- Prepare process flows and assembly work instructions for assembly technicians using an MES system (i.e. Aegis Factory Logix, Solumina)
- Support the implementation of change orders and deviations
- Understand and support review of assembly drawings and instructions
- Support New Product Introduction (NPI) activities in support developing procedures/work instructions that will lead to follow-on production
- Support process development for new initiatives including process enhancements, new equipment operating procedures, etc
- Associates degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics from an accredited university, and have at least 2 years of applicable manufacturing experience
- In lieu of degree, candidate must have a high school diploma/GED with 7 years of applicable manufacturing experience
- Ability to interpret both PCBA and assembly drawings to meet customer requirements
- Candidate should have solid understanding of manufacturing and assembly processes, specifically related to electro-mechanical assemblies (including printed circuit board assembly and cable assembly)
- Candidate should have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Candidate must be organized, flexible, and multi-task successfully, while maintaining a positive attitude
- Candidate will have experience with MES and/or software that maintains bills materials, routings, and production data
- Experience working with standards and implementation of standards across cross-functional teams
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the North Alabama, AL area
Preference shown to candidates who have experience and/or working knowledge of:
- Experience with Aegis FactoryLogix software, Solumina MES software or other MES software.
- Experience with Costpoint Material Planning software
- PLM engineering design data management software
- Lean Manufacturing Principles and Application
- Military and Aerospace assembly techniques
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.