Dynetics Technical Solutions (DTS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Metrology Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics Technical Solutions provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The successful candidate will serve as a Metrology Engineer utilizing the latest inspection and metrology techniques in the development of manufacturing and assembling ceramic, composite, and metallic components into a complex assembly. Candidate will be responsible for evaluating metrology data, documenting methodology used, and presenting results to team members and/or customers. Candidate must be able to apply knowledge of engineering design, GD&T, and manufacturing processes to complex mechanical assemblies.
- Utilize 3D scanning to perform metrology of components and complex assemblies using GD&T in accordance with ASME Y14.5
- Effectively communicate results with a team of diverse individuals
- Develop documentation to standardized metrology methods
- Develop metrology processes for new systems based on design intent and customer requirements
- Develop automation processes integration to a manufacturing environment
- Perform design of tooling, fixturing, and prototype hardware
- Candidate must have a BS in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or similar with 5-10 years of experience in engineering, metrology, mechanical design
- In lieu of degree, candidate must have a high school diploma/GED with 10 years of experience
- Experience processing 3D data
- Experience with metrology of complex systems
- Experience with Laser Tracker / Portable Arm w/ Spatial Analyzer or Equivalent software
- Proficiency in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing in accordance with ASME Y14.5
- 5-10 years of experience with SolidWorks or equivalent CAD software a plus
- Excellent communication skills including preparing reports and present results customers
- Team leadership experience
- Strong Communication and attention to detail
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Candidates with CMM inspection experience of complex aerospace hardware are desired. Knowledge of Digital Product Definition is also desired. Prior experience with AS9100 quality systems is a plus.
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.