In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics Technical Solutions, Inc. (DTS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Dynetics, Inc., is seeking a qualified Environmental Test Engineer for its Hypersonics line of business. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics Technical Solutions provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions. The selected candidate will support the Common Hypersonic Glide Body program (C-HGB). The C-HGB is the Army’s #1 priority for strategic weapons capability for long-range precision fires and will counter and gain a lead on our adversaries' technological advances in this field, come join us in this exciting, cutting-edge field.
The successful candidate will serve as the Environmental Test Engineer that will work closely with the Test Team to support defining of component and system level testing environments and requirements. The candidate will be assisting a test team whose work will include testing of electronic/avionic components, requirements development and review, electrical circuit testing, hardware-in-the-loop (HWIL) testing, integration assembly and testing of HBG, design and configuration of test equipment, subsystem testing and troubleshooting. Work will be conducted in an integration/production facility along with a laboratory environment. Additionally, the candidate will work with the chief engineer performing duties in systems engineering to include system design, requirements definition, allocation, maintenance, verification/validation, system integration, systems analysis, and test for future technical improvements/insertions.
This position requires a degree in Engineering or Physics.Candidate should have 8-12 years of relevant experience or Masters with 6 10 years of prior relevant experience.
The following skills/abilities are required:
· Derive requirements for complex electrical, electro-mechanical, mechanical, and software systems
· Experience with environmental testing including thermal, vacuum, shock and vibration, EMI/EMC including MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-464 and MIL-STD-461.
· Functionality testing
· Design of test electrical and avionic test equipment
· Organizational skills to document test procedures, test reports and support configuration management of the test equipment.
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
The following skills/abilities are desired but not required, having any of the below will make the candidate highly desirable:
· Experience with system level requirements
· Experience with subsystem/system integration and test
· DOORS and/or other requirements database tools
· MagicDraw and/or other Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) modeling tools
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.