The RF and EW Threat Systems Development Department has a diverse portfolio of projects and programs which specialize in foreign threat radar systems, RF software-in-the-loop (SIL) and hardware-in-the-loop (HWIL) simulators, and open-air radar development. The candidate selected for this position will support the LVC Program for the Defense Intelligence Community, military, and large prime contractors.
Interpret hardware schematics, test procedures, and technical discussions to perform chassis and rack level testing of RF systems, perform hardware and software in the loop testing of threat radar emulation systems, and compile data in support of complex system performance reporting to our customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or computer engineering from an ABET accredited university
- 4+ years of experience with C and/or X-band radar analysis or an MS in a relevant field and at least 2 years of relevant work history.
- Experience with Open Air Range integration
- Familiarity with operating RF test equipment (oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, power meters, etc.)
- Experience compiling technical data and imagery in support of customer analysis
- Experience with MATLAB development and execution
- Candidate will be required to work closely with integration teams to ensure HW/SW design for testability has been considered.
- Candidate will work with a multi-disciplinary team to develop and implement test procedures and test platforms for a wide variety of hardware. Systems to be tested include analog, mixed-signal, and RF applications. This position will provide the opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects in a fast-paced environment.
Candidate must be a resident of the Huntsville AL/North Alabama area or be willing to relocate to the Huntsville AL area.
- Experience/familiarity with foreign threat radars
- Experience developing automated hardware/software integration testing
- The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in developing, documenting, and executing test processes and procedures for electronic and electromechanical products.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.