Dynetics, an employee-owned company, is seeking a talented Embedded Systems Design Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Product Engineering Department is a design-focused group of engineers specializing in advanced embedded hardware products. The individual selected for this position will be a design engineer with varied technical interests and demonstrated engineering skills across both hardware and software. The individual must be a self-starter with experience working with inter-disciplinary teams to solve challenging technical problems. The engineer will work closely with hardware integrated into a diverse range of aerospace and military systems including manned/unmanned ground/air vehicles, missiles, defensive radars, and space systems.
This position’s responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Working in a fast-paced, small team environment through all phases of the product life cycle from conceptual development detailed design through manufacturing, qualification testing, and post-delivery support.
- Developing robust software and hardware solutions and leveraging their engineering training to perform circuit and PCBA design and analysis, FPGA designs, embedded processor/microcontroller designs
- Technical trade studies, analog/digital/mixed signal interface design, evaluation of technology improvements, laboratory test/troubleshooting, and flight-test/live-fire support.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, project managers, technicians and the customer to develop solutions that adhere to a diverse set of requirements.
- Support resolution of design issues discovered during the manufacture and test of deliverable systems (including troubleshooting board-level issues, assessing failures for root cause, and identifying corrective actions).
To be considered for this position, candidates must meet the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering from an ABET-accredited institution
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
- Hands-on laboratory experience with instrumentation, test equipment, and debug/test methods for both software and hardware
- Proven designs centered around microcontrollers, microprocessors, or FPGAs
- Demonstrate ability to full build target software from source files
- Proficient in programming C/C++ low level algorithms
Preferred candidates will also meet some of the following:
- Master's degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering from an ABET-accredited institution
- Experience with VHDL for use in FPGAs
- Software drivers
- Fundamentals of Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Linux kernel or driver development
- Working Knowledge of the following protocols : UART, Ethernet, SPI, I2C, CAN
- Hardware/PCB Design
- Python programming
- GUI development
- Software versioning and release cycles
- Unit testing
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.