In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics is seeking a talented Mid-Level Threat Systems Software Engineer to join a diverse, highly technical team working to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber, and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering solutions.
Dynetics’ National Intelligence Department support members of the US Intelligence Community in software development, modeling and simulation, hardware development, and systems analysis. The team is currently looking to add a desktop application software developer that will support the software development process from initial concept to finished product. The candidate will work as part of a multidisciplinary team interacting with contractors and government personnel to achieve program objectives, but must also be comfortable working independently to analyze technical information and develop innovative solutions to problems. The candidate must be capable of and comfortable with learning new software languages, technologies, systems, and skillsets.
Project assignments and responsibilities could include the following:
- Development and contribution to software design to meet customer requirements.
- Development of software products using object oriented principles in a variety of languages and operating environments. Example software products could include radar and missile simulations, network protocol simulations, simulated cyber attacks, hardware virtualization and emulation, distributed simulation architectures, and data analysis solutions.
- Development of rapid prototyping software solutions using scripting languages.
- Integration of models, simulations, and software products into existing operating environments through software interface development.
- Software documentation to include design documents, administration guides, user guides, and test validation reports.
- Development of software unit tests and continuous integration infrastructures to automate the testing of candidate releases.
- Creation of deployable software deliveries to include all relevant documentation and change logs.
Guidance of junior developers through code reviews and technical discussion.IND2
Candidate must be a US citizen and possess at least a Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Cyber Engineering, or related technical degree. A candidate with a Bachelor’s degree must have 5-10 years of technical experience. Candidates with a Master’s degree must have 3-8 years of technical experience.
Candidate must have object oriented software development experience using C/C++, Java, or Python and must demonstrate a knowledge of common software design patterns and multithreaded programming.
Candidate must demonstrate the ability to communicate professionally and work cohesively in a team environment.
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
Experience with any of the following are preferred:
-Git (or other source control management)
-Unix/Linux Operating Systems
-Atlassian product suite
Candidates with an active security clearance are preferred.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance.