Dynetics, an employee-owned company, is seeking a talented Electrical Engineer – UAS to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The candidate will be part of a dynamic and multidisciplinary team developing advanced electrical and computer applications and must be able to:
- Design electrical architecture and integrated systems for real-time, mission-critical systems including flight systems, sensors, ground vehicles, and space hardware.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with project managers, customers, and team members to determine and develop hardware and software requirements.
- Contribute to system hardware and software architecture decisions based on customer performance, schedule, and cost requirements (including build/buy trades).
- Document design and requirements for customer approval and engineering development.
- Lead hardware design/review/build cycles for quick-turn prototypes and transition prototypes into low-rate production.
- Design, fabricate, and integrate aircraft and ground systems, payloads, and instrumentation.
- Support task execution including electrical system design for unmanned systems, UAS payload integration, space hardware, HWIL simulations, electrical lab equipment usage, and overall project systems engineering.
Candidate must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited program with a minimum of 6+ years of experience.
Candidate must demonstrate capabilities in one or more of the following:
- Electrical system design
- Electrical circuit design
- Power, current, and voltage calculations
- Technical leadership (oversight, review, approval roles)
Candidate must possess excellent communication skills.
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
Candidate desired skills include one or more of the following:
- Parts selection, electrical schematic capture and harness design experience
- Military interconnects and interfaces experience
- Understanding of circuit schematic capture, PCB layout design and manufacturing experience
- Sensor instrumentation: acceleration, velocity, position, pressure
- Radio communication links and GPS/INS systems
- Hardware/software/firmware interface design
- Heat dissipation calculations
- Integration and test experience
- Mentorship of junior technical staff
Candidates with previous experience working in a team environment are preferred.
Candidates with 6-10 years of relevant work experience are encouraged to apply.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.