In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, an employee-owned company, is seeking a Manufacturing Information Technology (IT) Specialist to join a diverse and highly skilled team. The candidate will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Works on highly complex business issues that have significant impact on the enterprise, and across enterprise manufacturing processes and functions.
- Oversees application life cycle planning, including Manufacturing Execution System (MES) acquisitions, implementations, support and retirement.
- Coordinates MES maintenance services, including maintenance planning, methods and standards compliance, and resource allocation and management.
- Oversees MES projects, including project planning, resource allocation.
- Ensures reliability and availability of MES solutions, and oversees MES capacity planning.
- Coordinates business continuity efforts, including business resumption, disaster recovery, service-level agreements and vendor selection.
- Gathers user requirements for requested changes and additional processes on MES.
- Translates business requirements into design specifications, and design specifications into application configuration and code, and ensures requirements are met, tested, and implemented.
- Develops and reviews documentation needed for qualification of equipment and processes.
- Ensures the solutions developed satisfy the needs of the business.
- Acts as a line of contact/escalation point in the support model by providing business hours and on-call support for MES systems in coordination with super users, Automation resources, and IT personnel per defined escalation processes.
- Support the day-to-day administration of the MES.
- Works closely with the Manufacturing leadership team to ensure alignment and establish priorities to meet corporate goals.IND3
A bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience, is required.
Must have 5+ years of IT and business/industry work using or implementing Manufacturing Execution systems.
Candidate will need the following basic qualification:
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
Experience with Microsoft Server OSes, System Center, Linux Server OSes, VMware, and Ansible is desirable.
Experience with Cisco Network Devices, Unified Communications Manager, Unity Connection, Jabber, and WebEx is a plus.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.