Candidates for a junior-to-mid level Linux System Administrator (SA) position are sought to support system administration and cyber operations duties for a government-run missile defense lab operating large servers and software in one or more test and analysis environments. The selected candidate will be responsible for working with a team of linux administrators performing duties such as:
- setting up administrator and service accounts
- maintaining system documentation
- tuning system performance
- installing system wide software
- allocating mass storage space
- developing and monitoring policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources
- providing support to IT systems including day-to-day operations
- monitoring and problem resolution for all the client/server/storage/network devices
The SA will also be responsible for maintaining configuration documentation central to the lab’s engineering configuration and Risk Management Framework (RMF) package. They will participate in the full life-cycle of system operations. The selected candidate will participate in a structured environment requiring regular and consistent documentation of activities and procedures with engineering standards applied to all activities such as configuration management and asset tracking.
- Candidate must be a self-starter, be detail-oriented, have strong written and verbal communication skills and work well with others.
- Candidate should possess minimum 3 years of experience in Information Technology, such as server and workstation networking and network configuration.
- Candidate must demonstrate strong teamwork skills suitable to the work environment
- Candidate must have a foundational understanding of cybersecurity with the abilitiy to develop and maintain a Risk Management Framework authorization package.
- Experience with Linux installation, configuration, and administration.
Education and training requirements:
- Security+, or CISP, or CISSP certification required
- BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with virtualized operating system concepts and administration
- Knowledge with Windows Server systems.
- Knowledge of scripting languages like PERL, Jscript, Unix Shell, Python, etc.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (as well as maintain) a Final Secret Clearance.