In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, an employee-owned company, is seeking a talented Junior Electrical Engineer-UAS to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The candidate will be part of a dynamic and multidisciplinary team developing advanced electrical and computer applications for Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) and other aerospace platforms. The candidate must be able to:
- Design electrical architecture and integrated systems for real-time, mission-critical systems including flight systems, sensors, ground vehicles, and space hardware.
- Support hardware design/review/build cycles for quick-turn prototypes and transition prototypes into low-rate production.
- Design, fabricate, and integrate UAS and ground systems, payloads, and instrumentation.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with project managers, customers, and team members to determine and develop hardware and software requirements.
- Research and understand a variety of electrical components in order to perform trade studies and make design decisions.
- Contribute to UAS and counter-UAS hardware and software architecture decisions based on customer performance, schedule, and cost requirements (including build/buy trades).
- Document design and requirements for customer approval and engineering development.
- Support task execution including electrical system design (including UAS and Counter-UAS), UAS payload integration, hardware design, HWIL simulations, and electrical lab equipment usage.IND3
Candidate must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
Candidates with 0-5 years of experience are encouraged to apply. A minimum GPA of 3.2 is required.
Candidate must demonstrate capabilities in the following:
Candidate must possess excellent communication skills.
Candidate must also be a US Citizen and be located in (or willing to relocate to) the Huntsville area.
Candidate desired skills include one or more of the following:
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.