In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, Cross Program Systems Integration, for the Engineering Service and Science Capability Augmentation (ESSCA) contract, you will be part of the MSFC Human Exploration Development and Operations (HEDO) Office. The HEDO manages and performs human-rated space projects and tasks and conducts mission and scientific payload operations. Within the HEDO Office, Cross Program Systems Integration includes supporting the system level design, integration, development, test, qualification, and acceptance of the Space Launch System (SLS), Multi-purpose Crew Vehicle (MPCV), and Ground Systems Development and Operations (GSDO), and Deep Space Gateway and Transportation (DSG&T) Programs.
Senior Systems Engineer, Cross Program Systems Integration, responsibilities include:
• Provide systems engineering support to the NASA Exploration Systems Division/Cross-Program Systems Integration (CSI) Team.
• Development of and support to the CSI Project products, tasks, activities, and risk management protocol.
• Coordination and planning review of supporting systems engineering and integration tasks for the design, development, manufacturing, hardware assembly and analysis of test article subsystems.
• Develop, maintain, and integrate verification and validation (V&V) documentation throughout the planning lifecycle tracking and controlling compliance data and status from draft to baseline.
• Perform integration across multiple disciplines, organizations, and systems; support the processing and approval of verification closures.
Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Physics or related field is required. Degree from an ABET accredited university preferred.
• PhD and 4+ years' direct experience
• Masters and 8+ years' direct experience
• Bachelors and 10+ years' direct experience
• Competency in Systems Engineering, Systems Technical Integration and Systems Requirements Management
• Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) knowledge and experience supporting launch vehicle/payload development programs (e.g. Constellation/Ares)
• Knowledge and experience in defining flight test objectives; test development and integration; verification and validation activities is desired.
• Special consideration will be given to those applicants who have experience working with the Human Exploration and Operations Mission Directorate Exploration Systems; especially Division/Cross Systems Integration
• Well organized, pro-active, communicators, with the innate ability to function in an integrated team environment will be the most successful in this role
• Cross functional skills with Microsoft Project/Office/Access products
Candidate must be a US Citizen.