In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
This position will develop software applications for command, control, and sensor processing of airborne sensors, especially related to Unmanned Aerial Systems.
A senior software engineer will lead a team of software developers in coding software services and applications specified by a project manager. The software engineer will engage in system level design, testing, debugging, and documentation, in addition to authoring code. As part of a team the engineer will utilize configuration management tools and other development tools and methods to ensure a quality product.
The senior software engineer must be capable of decomposing a large software system or set of services into separable portions, developing, defining, and documenting the overall architecture, and portioning off the development work into individual section suitable for execution by more junior engineers. The senior software engineer must likewise review work products of junior engineers for functionality, quality, and ensure they are properly folded in to the completed system.
The work will be conducted in C#, or Java. A working knowledge of C or C++ will be required as well.
Candidate must either possess a Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering.
Should have 15 years of experience working within a disciplined software development project environment.
· Candidate must demonstrate strong competency in object-oriented software development in at least one of the following: C#, or Java, and possess an aptitude for good software design techniques.
· Candidate must demonstrate competency in either C or C++
· Candidate must have experience working with source control systems such as SVN or similar
· Candidate must have experience developing software in both the windows and linux environments.
· Candidate must have experience in software system design/architecture sufficient to generate a software architecture from requirements and reference models.
Experience with multiple programming languages and automated unit testing is a plus.
Experience with C# and the .NET libraries is preferred.
Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Computer Engineering is preferred.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.