In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented individual to serve as a cyber-security software developer as part of a diverse, highly-technical team working to create novel security solutions for complex embedded systems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber, and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering solutions. Dynetics’ National Intelligence Department support members of the US Intelligence Community in software development, modeling and simulation, hardware development, and systems analysis.
This position will require the employee to serve as a software developer for teams conducting comprehensive security assessments of embedded systems. Daily work would include designing and developing software features, coordinating closely with a team of software engineers, and understanding the internals of embedded systems. These efforts will support the characterization and documentation of embedded system behavior and vulnerabilities that could be exploited for deception, degradation, denial, disruption, or destruction of the embedded system. Other related efforts include advanced emulator development, software reverse engineering, offensive cyber operations, and other activities to evaluate overall cyber resiliency of embedded systems. As a cyber-security software developer, the employee will be responsible for providing design solutions to complex technical problems, working closely with other team members.
· Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Cyber Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical degree from an ABET accredited institution.
· Candidate must have object-oriented software development experience using C/C++, Java, Python, or related languages.
· Candidate must have an interest in security research, software reverse engineering, vulnerability analysis, penetration testing, or similar activities.
· Candidate must demonstrate the ability to communicate professionally and work cohesively in a team environment.
· Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
In addition to the qualifications listed above, the ideal candidate would have experience with the following:
· Design and development of complex, object-oriented software, preferably C/C++
· Scripting languages (such as Python or bash) for rapid tool development and troubleshooting
· Linux operating systems and Linux ecosystem of tools
· Cyber security assessments
· Network traffic analysis
· Embedded system analysis
· Emulation technologies and techniques
Candidates with an active security clearance are preferred.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance.