In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
With the NASA award of the Human Landing System (HLS) contract, Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking qualified applicants to support the NASA history-making HLS program that will put the first woman and next man on the Moon by 2024.
Dynetics is seeking a talented Software Reliability Lead Engineer to join a multi-discipline for the HLS program. Dynetics is well known for our people-oriented culture, positive work environment, technical excellence, and resilient business ethics. This position will assure the safety of the HLS software and firmware to NASA software safety standards. Tasks include:
This software safety lead position involves leading the HLS software safety team as well as direct participation as an integral team member who performs key roles with respect to software safety planning, strategy, and execution. The software safety lead is expected to provide leadership and pass on software safety knowledge to junior team members, suppliers, and HLS team members.IND2
Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent technical degree. Candidate with a BS degree must have at least 5 years of relevant technical experience or MS degree with at least 3 years of experience.
1. Candidate must demonstrate basic competency in embedded systems software development.
2. Strong analytical skills along with a personal drive for details and quality workmanship are a must.
3. Candidate must possess an aptitude for the technical skills required for software safety.
4. The applicant must demonstrate familiarity with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
5. The applicant must have good communication skills.
6. Candidate must have proven leadership skills with the ability to affect outcomes including the ability to persuade on technical topics.
7. Being self-motivated, paying attention to details, and working under deadlines are key elements of this position as well.
8. Proven experience with IEEE 1663 and NASA Standards NASA-STD-8719.13C, NASA-STD-8739.8, NPR 7150.2C, NASA-HDBK-4008
Candidate must demonstrate a pattern of ethical decisions and a commitment to integrity.
Candidate must be a resident of or be willing to relocate to the Huntsville, AL area.
Candidates with a BS with 10+ years of relevant technical experience or MS with 8+ years experience are preferred.
Experience with CMMI-3 best practices & policies and an understanding of Agile software methodologies (e.g. Scrum) is a plus.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.