Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Procurement Supervisor to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Candidate will be responsible for leading and managing a team of supply chain individuals to improve functional support across the Dynetics wide range of programs and special projects. Must be able to promote team atmosphere and help cultivate improved communication for problem solving.
- Duties include but are not limited to:
- Analyzing and administering a wide variety and value of procurement contracts within a predominant DOD environment.
- Daily interaction with team members and supply chain staff and vendors/suppliers
- Issuing request for proposals
- Evaluating proposals responses
- Negotiation of prices, terms/conditions, and annual vendor price contracts
- Placing orders
- Reviewing PO packages
- Documenting procurement packages in accordance with a government-approved purchasing system
- Interacting with other departments (Engineering, Contracts, Quality, Receiving and Accounting) during the different phases of the purchase order contract.
- Candidate must possess a BS Degree in Business Administration, or related field, and 2+ years relevant experience in a DOD government contracting/commercial procurement environment.
- In lieu of a degree, candidate must have 4 years of applicable experience with HS diploma or GED.
- Candidate must have strong technical purchasing skills including expertise in evaluating, negotiating and executing material and labor purchases in accordance with commercial practices.
- High level of communication skills both written and verbal are required.
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
- Deltek Costpoint experience preferred.
- Candidate should be familiar with AS9100 procurement regulations.
- Candidate must be highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem solving, verbal, and writing skills are also desired.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.