Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, has been selected by NASA to participate in the development and demonstration of a Human Landing System (HLS). Dynetics is seeking project engineers, systems engineers, mechanical design engineers, electrical engineers, structural and thermal analysts, manufacturing engineers, test engineers, technicians, and operators to join a diverse team in support of the development of the HLS that will carry the first woman and next man to the Moon by 2024.
Dynetics is seeking a talented test planner and engineer to support the HLS program during production acceptance and final integration testing. Primary responsibilities for the individual will be:
- Using system requirements to generate test plans for development, qualification, and acceptance phases of hardware projects
- Developing schematics and test facility layouts, working with project engineers and test technicians to determine and support procurement of test equipment
- Creating test procedures to satisfy approved test plans
- Conducting tests according to approved procedures
- Performing test data analysis
- Completing requirements verification and validation documentation and reports.
The individual will interface with members of other Dynetics department leadership, Dynetics Integrated Product Team members, and project engineers/managers, mechanical designers, analysts, component engineers, other test engineers, systems engineers, safety, and quality within Dynetics and their DHLS subcontractors.
- The position requires a B.S. or equivalent degree in engineering, preferably electrical, computer engineering, computer science, engineering with at least five (5) years of space hardware system level testing experience.
- Candidates must have knowledge of and experience with defense, civil, and/or commercial space engineering practices and processes, including the product development cycle through qualification and production. Specifically, candidates must have experience developing and executing hardware test plans and procedures to meet rigorous requirements.
- Candidates must have direct, hands-on experience with space component and/or subsystem testing, and large integrated system level testing and certification.
- Candidates must be proficient with Microsoft Office software tools.
- Candidates must have demonstrated an ability to deliver results in a team environment and independently.
- The ideal candidate has strong organization and communication (verbal and written) skills and is self-motivated.
- Candidates with advanced degree(s) in engineering or related fields and/or additional experience are preferred.
- Experience with LabView data acquisition systems operation and basic programing is strongly preferred.
The position requires travel, including periods of frequent travel for critical program assembly, integration, and test activities. The position is based in Huntsville, AL, so candidates must live or be willing to relocate to the Huntsville, AL area.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.