In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, has been selected by NASA to participate in the development and demonstration of a Human Landing System (HLS). Dynetics is seeking an Electrical Engineer with spaceflight instrumentation and controls experience to contribute to the development of the HLS that will return mankind to the Moon by 2024. The candidate should be a self-motivated life-long learner and have a strong desire to further the capabilities of human space exploration.
This position will support the Command and Data Management System (CDMS) team within the Avionics, Software, and Power (ASP) Integrated Product Team (IPT). This position will require close collaboration with internal Dynetics teammates, industry partners, and the NASA customer. Candidate may be involved in spacecraft data acquisition system architecture development, maintenance of instrumentation/sensors lists, along with acceptance and qualification of spacecraft hardware. The position’s tasks may also include authoring data acquisition and/or sensor requirements documents, specifications, test plans, procedures, and reports. This is an excellent opportunity to apply current knowledge in data acquisition toward manned spaceflight systems and to embark on a rewarding career with a company uniquely poised to expand mankind’s human space exploration capability now and into the future.IND3
· Bachelors degree in an engineering or technical discipline (preferred electrical engineering)
· 2 years of experience with avionics sensors and instrumentation may be substituted in lieu of electrical engineering degree
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an instrument and control engineer with an engineering company or control system integrator where design, testing, and/or modification of aerospace systems was involved
· Experience with multiple actuator test setups and test execution
· Experience with system design utilizing AC Motors
· Experience with ECAD software, preferably SolidWorks Electrical (SWE) desired
· Process control and/or test systems experience desired
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.