In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a System Safety Engineer to join a diverse team to create solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber, and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The System Safety Engineer will cover Safety engineering and analysis on a project leading to the production of a missile. System Safety Engineer will perform most tasks necessary to ensure the identification of Safety Critical Items and documentation of hazards within systems using various analysis tools and techniques. The System Safety Engineer will need to understand the basic elements of system safety engineering to include hazard analyses, hazard categorization, end effects, causal analyses, mitigation requirements identification, documentation, tracking and implementing, and residual risk assessment.
Typical analyses performed include but are not limited to:
· Fault Tree Analyses, Hazard Analyses, Hazard Mitigation, Safety Risk Assessments, and System Residual Risk Assessments.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Reviews product systems, associated support equipment and facilities, functional specifications and operations, and establishes safety requirements for assigned systems
· Develops safety documents as required to support customer and test, operational, or range requirements
· Participates in accident investigations involving damage to products or related facilities and assists in identification of causes and corrective actions
· Performs audits of operational areas and reports effectiveness of the System Safety program
· Performs minimal safety program management tasks including progress reports and tracking schedules
· Ancillary duties may include tasks associated with environmental safety and health, hazardous materials, industrial hygiene, human factors, reliability engineering, explosive safety, directed energy (laser) safety, and/or test range safety
· Must possess an Engineering Bachelor's of Science or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university
· Candidate must have at least five (5) years of relevant System Safety experience.
· Candidate must have demonstrated experience working with testing services suppliers in the commercial and DOD/Military
· Candidate must have demonstrated knowledge of System Safety fundamentals.
· Candidate must have demonstrated knowledge with 29 CFR 1910 and MILSTD-882
· Position requires candidates to be capable of performing in a collaborative engineering environment working closely with multi-disciplinary teams.
· Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
· Experience in Risk Management
· Familiarity with Reliability Engineering
· Familiarity with Software Hazard Analyses
· Ability to prepare high level technical reviews and presentations
· Prior related experience with Government or Military programs
· Familiarity with Ammunition and Explosives Safety Standards and programs.
· Demonstrable experience working with testing services suppliers in the commercial and DOD/Military
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (as well as maintain) a Final Secret Clearance.