In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Air & Missile Defense Chief Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Air & Missile Defense Chief Engineer will provide technical leadership and oversight to a major weapon system development program for the DoD. The candidate will be the technical conscience of the program, working directly with the Program Manager to ensure proper execution and product delivery for Dynetics. The selected candidate will interface with and lead all major technical disciplines of the program, providing leadership for the entire system design, test, deployment and sustainment life cycle. The candidate will need experience in all aspects of DoD systems, including modeling, system architecture, requirements development, design, integration, test, production and sustainment. The selected candidate will lead technical customer interaction and support multiple integrated product teams. The Air & Missile Defense Chief Engineer will focus on this major program where Dynetics is the prime contractor. The candidate will lead a multi-disciplined team within Dynetics, and will also support major strategic pursuits within the organization. The candidate will perform both technical and programmatic oversight duties. They will be responsible for supporting the program area in meeting all commitments including cost, schedule and technical performance for both internal (e.g.: IRAD, etc.) and external contractual commitments.
Selected candidates will have responsibility over the following areas/items:
- Assist Program Management in ensuring execution of all contractual requirements and customer driven tasks, on time, on schedule and on budget, and meeting all technical expectations.
- Lead all phases of the engineering life cycle from inception (requirements/concept development) through startup, execution and completion (testing, sustainment and delivery to end user).
- Have multi-disciplined knowledge in areas related to engineering including systems design, hardware, software design, integration and test.
- Candidate will interface with multiple disciplines including customers, internal program management, hardware, software, cyber, systems engineering, procurement, suppliers and manufacturing.
- Lead and report progress for requirements documentation, technical risk management, key system performance parameters, lessons learned and cost and schedule performance (EVMS).
- Ensure that technical standards and requirements are met.
- Identify and make management aware of potential issues that could impact design, cost, schedule and/or technical performance. Lead efforts to resolve all issues identified.
Ensure that architecture, system, design and modeling is implemented and executed in accordance to program requirements.
- Review the status of IRAD project and program contract cost, schedule, and manpower needs to ensure they achieve mission success.
- Implement the technical vision of the Program Office and Product Development & Manufacturing Division.
- Assist in screening IRAD cost, schedule and performance metrics prior to submission to Business Development.
- Leverages technologies within Dynetics and Dynetics Technical Solutions (DTS) to reduce overlap and consolidate efforts.
- Ensure manpower requirements are accurate and meet both business and technical objectives and present a monthly executive manpower overview.
- Implement strategies and plans to inject new hires into program areas.
- Review preparation of engineering portion of proposals, Statements of Work and estimates for technical feasibility and viability.
- Participate in the evaluation of contracts, contract changes, specifications, operating budgets, schedule milestones and key terms and conditions.
- Review white papers, information papers, point papers, briefs or other documents for technical and procedural accuracy.
- Prepare technical presentations that will be used at PMRs, SRRs, TRRs, PDRs, CDRs, Configuration Review Boards, Failure Review Boards and other reviews as required.
-Ensuring engineering team understands and adheres to contract scope and manages change through control board activities.
- Support and present at customer meetings. Attend reviews of subcontractors and potential teammates to assess technical competency.
- Schedule and conduct Technical Reviews as required.
- Verify that normal technical reviews are conducted and that the right level of support is provided by applicable entities.
- Assist and if asked conduct Risk and Opportunity Review Boards.
- Reconcile conflicting viewpoints on best designs in cases of major magnitude of importance and render decisions/recommendations to Program Management.
- Assist in developing strategic product plans and roadmaps, identifying required new capabilities and providing feedback on products, Industry trends and customer needs.
Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university. A Master’s degree is desirable.
- Candidates must have at least eight (8) years of experience supporting DoD, NASA, or commercial programs.
- Candidates must have experience in deriving requirements for complex electrical, electro-mechanical, mechanical, and software systems.
- Candidates must have an active Secret or Top Secret security clearance or have the ability to obtain Secret or Top Secret security clearance.
- Candidate must have significant multi-discipline technical leadership experience and be able to manage a highly complex technical project with little oversight.
- Candidate must be able to take general guidance from leadership and strategically integrate it into the program business rhythm.
- Candidate must be able to manage a budget, forecast resources, and develop close working relationships with associated IPT leads and functional managers.
- Candidate must possess a proven ability to lead all aspects of the technical efforts associated with new development.
- Candidate must have the experience, drive, and demonstrated capability to lead a team of engineers of varying disciplines to provide technical excellence and mission success.
- This position requires effective leadership, task organization and communication skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must. The successful candidate will be required to communicate technical status and issues internally to program leadership, technical leadership, functional leadership, executive leadership as well as externally to the customer.
- Position requires candidates to be capable of performing in a collaborative engineering environment working closely with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
Preferred candidates will also have experience and/or working knowledge with:
· MagicDraw and/or other Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) modeling tools
· A detailed understanding of the top-down systems engineering process for architecture development and bottoms-up verification
· Thorough understanding of the DoD acquisition processes and methods
· Experience supporting DARPA, RCCTO or rapid acquisition programs
· Experience performing risk management, test planning, and/or proposal development
· Experience shaping and executing business development efforts
· Experience in missile or fire control system design, development and testing is desired.
· Working knowledge of dealing with subcontractors and subcontract technical management is a plus.
· Experience in chairing or presenting at technical reviews and boards is desired.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.