In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking an Information System Security Engineer to join a diverse, highly-skilled team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective intelligence, engineering, scientific, and IT solutions.
The ISSE will perform Cybersecurity Systems Engineering along with key functions supporting the Risk Management Framework (RMF) Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process for tactical systems. System administration ability is a plus, including performing vulnerability scans, collecting audit logs, reviewing security configurations, and documenting and approving user accounts.
The candidate will have the following responsibilities:
· Provide accurate technical evaluations of the software application, system, or network and documenting the security posture, capabilities, and vulnerabilities against applicable NIST controls.
· Selecting and implementing security controls, timely completion of accreditation packages, formulating and implementing mitigations and maintaining the security posture of systems.
· Identify, assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout a system’s lifecycle, validate system security requirements, formulate and maintain documentation and system assessment and authorization activities (planning, testing, assessing and coordinating).
· Documenting preliminary or residual security risks for system development and operation
· Create, manage, and maintain system Authorization Packages.
· Monitoring and evaluating a system's compliance with Department of Defense (DoD) security, resilience, and dependability requirements including performing validation steps, comparing actual results with expected results and analyze the differences to identify impact and risks at the software application, system, and network levels.
· Work with team to provide solutions and to ensure continued functionality of systems within DoD RMF Framework
Additional duties as assigned
· Degree: Bachelor’s Degree (engineering or another technical discipline)
· Experience with implementing and evaluating DoD STIG requirements, NIST RMF, IAVMs and Cybersecurity assessment tools (ACAS, Nessus, SCC, STIG Viewer)
· Experience making risk-based cybersecurity decisions and recommendations
· Knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process and NIST security controls is required
· Knowledge of information system architecture and standards as they apply to cybersecurity
· Minimum 8570.01m IAT or IAM Level II Certification
· Ability to travel. Additionally, some local travel may be required between lab sites.
· 8570.01m IAT or IAM level II preferred (i.e. Security+, CAP, CySA+, CISSP, CISM, CASP, CCNA-Security)
· Prior eMASS experience preferred
· Experience in a DoD security environment preferred
· Candidates should have strong technical and communication skills; be able to work in a team-oriented environment supporting a diverse customer base comprised of program managers, engineers, analysts, specialists, and technicians; and strong attention to detail.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (as well as maintain) a Final Secret Clearance.