Dynetics Technical Solutions (DTS), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dynetics, is seeking an experienced Chief of Staff to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics Technical Solutions provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Strategic Programs Division Chief of Staff would be responsble for carrying out group wide strategic and operational initiatives. Specifically this role is responsible for leading projects and individuals representing business and functional leaders within the group, such as planning and strategy for the division. Applies judgment to the most complex planning, design, technical and/or management functions. Also coordinates with communications for internal and external events and key customer meetings, including oversight of key group meetings and events that align with the strategic planning process. Primary customer contact for assigned cross organizational or operations projects. Identifies key stakeholder project objectives and requirements. Effectiveness will be determined by this individual’s ability to quickly form partnerships across the Dynetics organization and Corporate Headquarters.
- Provides decision support through data gathering, information analyzing, and presenting considerations to relevant stakeholders.
- Ensures streamlined activities within the organization based on the priorities of the Division Chief.
- Develops project plans and deliverables that meet identified requirements by application of, or in accordance with, accepted Project Management principles.
- Tracks high priority company initiatives and ensures assigned individuals are executing the identified and assigned tasks and providing appropriate tracking and reporting per plan.
- Manages visits to company sites to maximize impact of visibility and employee communication.
- Works with Division Chief and executive assistant to prioritizing external speaking engagements and conference attendance.
- Develops relationships with executive-level and senior management.
- Consults with senior management, project sponsors, and/or other stakeholders regarding the interpretation of work-around, recovery plans, work scope changes, etc. for multiple projects.
- Interfaces extensively with senior management. Interactions may involve controversial situations, or influencing and persuading other senior level managers.
- Develops relationships with executive and senior level management and external vendors. Makes recommendations and reports to the Division Chief on status of projects, priorities, meetings and other areas of oversight.
- Transform ideas and leadership inputs into executive level PowerPoint briefings.
- Supports Division Chief in assessing scenarios requiring executive insight for problem/resolution such as issues arising out of particular organizations.
- Carries out and supports other operational projects as assigned by the Division Chief.
- Bachelor's degree in technical field or equivalent from an accredited university required, combined with 10 years of experience.
- 7 years of relevant experience and leadership responsibilities, that includes 3-5 years of experience specifically in project management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to analyze and compile large swaths of data and present effective reports.
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Impeccable time management and multi-tasking skills
- Self- motivated and self-sufficient
- Strong interpersonal skills and a knack for productive collaboration across varying departments
- Excellent verbal (including presentation) and written communication skills, including ability to establish positive and productive working relationships inside and outside the company across time zones
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.