Dynetics Technical Solutions (DTS), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dynetics, is seeking a Manufacturing Plant Manager to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The position will be responsible for performing a key function of providing overall plant leadership for high-tech mechanical manufacturing and integration of weapon systems and other complex mechanical systems. The responsibilities will encompass leading an organization in a dynamic and high growth area that will execute multiple simultaneous and diverse manufacturing activities.
The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Promoting a safe work environment
- Direct and coordinate daily operations of the manufacturing plant
- Oversee all levels of staff activity and performance
- Ensuring that Quality and Compliance standards are consistently implemented
- Managing operations financials
- Develop processes to increase productivity and enhance performance
- Promoting a teamwork environment that fosters employee development
- Leading a cross-functional manufacturing team to consistently meet customer requirements
- Fostering an environment of continuous improvement and problem solving
- Operational management of Raw Material and Finished Goods inventory
- Establishing KPI’s and Metrics to achieve program and company objectives
- Conducting operational performance reviews/meetings
- Monitor equipment and ensure that they are in good working order
- Assessing and filling staffing needs as required
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree (Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is preferable).
- Candidate must have a cumulative of (15+) years’ experience in manufacturing, operations, and programs.
- Candidate must have at least (10) ten years of personnel management or organizational leadership expereince.
- Candidate must be capable of performing in a collaborative engineering environment working closely with multi-discipline teams.
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment.
- Candidate must be self-directed and able to work in a high-stress, fast paced environment to meet customer and management deadlines as well as meet financial goals.
- Candidate must have experience with interviewing, assessing, and hiring new personnel.
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
Experience with enterprise software systems
Qualifications considered a plus:
- Defense program experience
- Solumina MES experience
- Manufacturing experience building prototype electrical/mechanical assemblies
- Participated in start-up of manufacturing facilities
- Experience with AS9100 and DCMA standards
- Familiarity with Deltek Costpoint accounting software
Expertise in Lean principles, Visual Management and 5S tools
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.