In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
The Strategic Programs office of Dynetics Technical Solutions (DTS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Dynetics, is seeking a qualified Mechanical Design Checker for its Hypersonics line of business to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics Technical Solutions provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The successful candidate will serve as a Mechanical Design Checker that will handle all aspects of checking mechanical designs of 2D drawings and 3D models for Hypersonic Glide Bodies (HGB). Specific duties may encompass checking drawings for compliance with industry standards, parts dimensioning and tolerances, materials specification, and finish specification of components.
An Associate’s degree in Mechanical Design/Drafting or equivalent field with three (3) plus years of relevant experience using Creo Elements/Pro (formerly Pro/ENGINEER).
In lieu of an Associate’s degree, a high school diploma or GED with 10+ years’ experience using Creo for mechanical design and/or design checking is acceptable
The following skills/abilities are desired:
· Knowledge of ASME drawing standards
· Experience with drafting of mechanical aspects of missiles and test equipment
· Knowledge of missile mechanical structural systems including cast, forged and
· Experience with compatible materials, fasteners, coatings, processes and assembly methods
· Experience with Creo Elements/Pro (formerly Pro/ENGINEER)
· Organizational skills to document designs, assist with Technical Data Packages (TDP) and support production and test of HGB equipment
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
The ideal candidate would have design or drafting experience related to missile structural components and have a current DoD Secret clearance.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.