In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Program Manager to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.”
As part of a passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will lead the development and production of human life support hardware for NASA’s Artemis Missions. We are seeking a technically ambitious, proactive, service-oriented individual with excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and analytical skills who can thrive in a fast paced environment. You will be primarily responsible for leading both development and technical improvement efforts alongside production activities for multiple customers supporting the Artemis Missions culminating in the sustaining production of the Laser Air Monitor System (LAMS). This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe human spaceflight.
- Lead hardware design teams, manufacturing engineering teams, supply chain team, and customer relationships to ensure the timely delivery of critical mechanical hardware including (but not limited to) budget, engineering schedules, procurement schedules, and program management status reports.
Understand and communicate technical engineering requirements between multiple customer specific requirements
- Partner with procurement team to negotiate with manufacturers and suppliers to meet program technical, schedule, and cost expectations
- Drive and support supplier process development initiatives to improve how products are designed and manufactured, including feedback into the engineering teams.
- Transition products from a continued development phase to production phase and manage sustaining production activities
- The program contains the following teams:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, or equivalent technical field
- 10 years’ experience in technical project leadership and 5+ years’ experience in progressive program management roles
- Demonstrated technical expertise in spacecraft, launch vehicle, or high-performance aircraft development; including one or more of the following: human spaceflight, precision optical sensors, ECLS systems, and avionics.
- Experience in budget management and reporting for cost plus and firm fixed price (FFP) contracts
- Demonstrated ability to streamline and improve processes in a hardware development environment
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, MS Project)
- Strong communication skills in technical work environments
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- MBA and/or Project Management certification (PMP/Certified Project Manager)
- Experience in Aerospace Mechanical and Spaceflight Systems
- Self-starter, strong bias for action
- Analytical, organization, and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.