In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics Technical Solutions (DTS), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dynetics, is seeking a motivated and experienced Manufacturing Planning Lead to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics Technical Solutions provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Canididate would be responsible for leading and enhance the Production Control and Manufacturing Planning process and implement Continuous Improvement ideas.
The selected candidate will be the first line leader for group employees and will own the primary responsibility of administering/managing day to day operations and activities in the assigned area. Other duties will include but not be limited to the following:
• Ensures compliance with all safety requirements and acts as lead for addressing safety issues which may arise. Conducts Safety audits on a routine basis
• Assists in the development and implementation of Standard Work in the assigned area
• Conducts and leads 5S+1 activities for assigned area
• Engages in problem Identification and problem solving in order to enable departmental associates to work without process flow interruptions
• Participates in the implementation of Departmental, Divisional and company initiatives and strategies
• Assumes functional Manufacturing Planning assignment responsibilities for section employees.
• Actively engages in Continuous Improvement activities including posting of metrics and leading lean transformation boards as assigned
• Engages in lean training and ensure departmental associates are following through on the identification and elimination of wastes
• Participates in the development of area goals, objectives, and Continuous Improvement Activities
• Provides informal feedback on an ongoing basis and formal feedback in the annual performance evaluation process to identify and develop talent
• Mentors employees assigned to the respective area
• Ensure issue escalation protocol is adhered to at all times
• Ensures a strong and robust communications process between all managers and staff within the area
• Implements corrective action plans when required
• Maintains and posts all KPI’s and performance based Departmental metrics
• Ensures all employees receive the appropriate training and education, documents the training and assists in defining training needs of the future
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.