The Strategic Programs office of Dynetics Technical Solutions (DTS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Dynetics, is seeking a qualified Mechanical Project Engineer for its Hypersonics line of business. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics Technical Solutions provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The successful candidate will serve as a Mechanical Project Engineer that will support design, development and integration projects for mechanical aspects of Hypersonic Glide Bodies (HGB).
- Specific duties may encompass the implementation of a proven design and capturing efficiencies to improve upon assembly and integration activities.
- Fully responsible for planning and conducting important segments of engineering projects with extensive and diversified engineering requirements.
- Establishes project work scope, task descriptions, budget estimates and manpower requirements including master scheduling that meets corporate objectives and commitments.
- Determines practicality of the overall project in regard to function suitability, availability of manpower, equipment and materials, resources, and cost.
- Anticipates problems with assigned projects (technical, budget, schedule) and takes appropriate action to prevent their occurrence.
- Assigns tasks to functional personnel and provides the necessary project supervision to meet schedules and fulfill requirements.
- Keeps program management informed of project accomplishments and major problem areas as well as budget and schedule status.
- Provides project management between engineering sections and all related activities including program management, vendors, and customers.
- Maintains a current knowledge of technical developments.
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent field from an ABET accredited school is required
- Candidate should have at least 10 years of relevant experience
- Technical project management experience
- Experience with design of mechanical aspects of missiles and test equipment
- Experience with Creo Elements/Pro (formerly Pro/ENGINEER)
- Knowledge of missile mechanical structural systems including cast, forged and machined parts
- Experience with compatible materials, fasteners, coatings, processes and assembly methods
- Knowledge of ASME drawing standards
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including MS Project
- Organizational skills to document designs, assist with Technical Data Packages (TDP) and support production and test of HGB equipment
- Strong written, verbal, interpersonal and teambuilding skills
- Able to clearly and concisely present technical and team status to program and senior management leadership
- Able to organize and facilitate technical supplier coordination meetings
- Able to prepare status reports that accurately reflect status of project
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
The ideal candidate would have experience related to design, manufacturing and/or test of missile structural components.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.